When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Moving on to Pre-A's and V's & Hello 243, Goodbye 25 pic

breukelen

I've been lurking around these parts for a while and finally decided to upgrade my membership today - finally.

Anyway, I would like to lavish some praise to those members here who really have some incredible pieces, particularly those who have recreated some very historic PAMs using 1:1 fabricated dials, crown guards, crowns, etc. In fact, this has caused me to "reset" my watch buying habits after taking a whole new interest in these Pre-A/V watches. With all these great parts (sometimes) available from FGD, V and T, it's hard not to resist not making a near-perfect recreation, so the question now is what should to build - 002, 009, 202a, 201a??

I'm going to stop looking at gen purchases in this economy, however, there is one gen that I do really really want to replace the sub I just sold -- a 243. 44mm 1950 case, chunky bezel... this thing is the irresistible. Hopefully I won't find a good deal.. and PWC over at RG will deliver me a rep 243 so I don't have to go buy the real one.

Damn this watch thing.

So, time to move things around in the watchbox to make room for some Pre-A's and V's and hopefully not a 243. This one is now gone, 25F on GSD strap, but here is the last (horrendous) pic that I took of it.

post-a30578-IMG-1480.jpg

post-a30576-IMG-1481.jpg

post-10540-1233266648_thumb.jpg

post-10540-1233266690_thumb.jpg