When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

surgeon murders his first patient

CGs on my mbk 1680 were almost there...top CG just needed 5-10 more passes with the sandpaper...bracelet off, caseback off....

when i went to release the crown i pulled it to the third position and then gently pushed the release...the crown came out but the movement started again...since i didnt want it running while i worked on the CGs i went to put the crown back in...i tried several, multiple, numerous times before i lost my fukcing patience and started rapidly trying to jam it in...shame on me lol

anyways, where is the crown release pin? i tell you i do not have the answer to that question.. but i think it popped off and is lost deep within the depths of the movement...im not sure if it is(was) on a spring or if it snapped or what but the movement is basically useless now lol...so i went to remove the whole movement/dial from the case and got so impatient that i did it in the air and the whole thing fell out and now the datewheel spins freely lol

thank god/zeus/buddha/allah/whoever the fukc that i had a spare 2836-2 mounted on a 1680 dial....i just dropped it in and im back in business...regarding the other movement, this is a huge loss that will certainly have its resounding effects throughout the community at large...

take home lesson: use a gentle touch, maintain your patience...do not be afraid to step away for a second, get a few breaths, and come back to working on the watch

here is the case now with the new dial and movement...im still in the process of researching a new camera but a lil iphone preview never hurt anyone lol

post-18863-1233711415_thumb.jpg