When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm no PAM expert, but I'm feeling pretty good about this 01B...

Guest avitt

Thanks, gents!

Here's the recipe:

As mentioned, this is a Jimmy Fu case and crown guard, with T-48 crown. The dial is one of the two used on Angus' 111 Ultimate version. (This is the one with the thin numbers/markers, and the shiny finish - The other dial had geenish lume.) The dial was textured and relumed by Kent Parks, who filled in the indices to widen the text. (Because there's not a sharp, painted base under the lume, it has sort of soft edges, which can be seen in the pics above...It's not evident when viewed in person.

The hands are DSN superlumed. The case back was from an early 001 rep. Strap is from TC.

Only change I have left is the crystal, which is a JF.

T-

Looks great. Out of curiosity, did you change the case tube to account for the the thinner stem/entry point on the crown or fill-in the space with an additional gasket?

Thanks.

I ended up changing the tube. As you remember, I had trimmed the original Jimmy tube to fit a Lello crown, which left it too short for the T crown. I purchased a DSN tube, but it was even shorter that the trimmed JF tube! Finally, Chinkiechunkie gave me a standard rep tube, which I set at the correct height in epoxy. It give me perfect CG action, with the normal complement of gaskets.