When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A look inside a Genuine "I" Series Pam 0000

BigCrown

I don't know that BC's 000 is a franken. I saw another logo on a gen forum that had the E series movement.

I'm with you Bruce. I haven't really piped up about this subject, because i am by no means an expert. But when I cracked the back off this thing, I was sure at the time that it had never been opened.

Also, I really don't think that OP builds these non-COSC models like it is an exact science. When you buy a base model, the movement numbers are missing from the stickers and boxes.

This whole 'can of worms' I opened by showing that movement has amazed me. I listed the watch on TZ showing the anomaly and buyers have become wary -- which is silly (IMHO). I would consider this a bonus. my 2 cents...

If you have box and papers that match the movement to the watch then it definitely came that way from the factory. I think it to be franken. That movement's decoration hasn't been produced by Panerai in 5 years and even at that it's incorrect for a closed caseback model. However if the paperwork matches I think it to be a very rare and valuable model.

If you find the watch is a franken, I'd swap out that movement with a standard eta model and put the movement in a rep 127.

I was looking at buying thsi very watch as well...

The PO told me that the dealer and Panerai Paperwork showed no movement numbers listed anywhere on this package..

If you want to contact via PM I can help with a Contact at Panerai New York that can help verify the watch and movement and authenticity...

She did this for me on a Pam 25g I owned in the past

Nutz

I do not think it is a Franken....The watch is a complete set 1 owner prior to me (well know Paneristi). Also, it would be senseless to put a higher caliber/quality movement in the watch. Yes, Panerai has not manufactured these movement in a while, but they still carry a lot if stock. RE: you can still get NOS tritium hands, etc.

GREAT idea on the 127 swap...however, this movement would need to have the sub-second parts installed wich is more than i can do with my own hands...but something to consider.

I do not think it is a Franken....The watch is a complete set 1 owner prior to me (well know Paneristi). Also, it would be senseless to put a higher caliber/quality movement in the watch. Yes, Panerai has not manufactured these movement in a while, but they still carry a lot if stock. RE: you can still get NOS tritium hands, etc.

GREAT idea on the 127 swap...however, this movement would need to have the sub-second parts installed wich is more than i can do with my own hands...but something to consider.

I'd be interested to see what you find out. I won't ask what the production number is, but I would speculate if it is a late number it could be more likely to have the movement. Maybe they ran out of the standard movements and grabbed a NOS replacement movement to finish off the run. How many people would take off the case back anyway. Another reason for my thinking would be that I recall that some of the early 005's used a long arrow dial that was left over from a previous run. I haven't seen one up for sale in while, but I do know people asked a higher amount for them a couple years ago.