When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this a Fake Hublot Big Bang "Black magic" being sold as Gen?

Spidey7

I found this Big Bang "Black Magic" for sale on "thewatchyouseek". The rotor is not engraved with any Hublot markings and the subdials on the face seem to be reversed from what I'm used to seeing. Add to that the fact that the seller gives its list price as $11,000 but is only asking $7,000 but only if payment is NOT by PayPal or any other accepted method of payment that would protect the buyer. He will accept wire transfers ONLY. Seems fishy to me. What do my bretheren think? This would be my very FIRST scam discovery. (Ohhh I'm so excited!)

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=210717

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Modding-Rotor-Hublot-B-t86883.html

I'm no Hublot expert but I would guess gen. The movement if fake is heavily modded. Anyway list price is usually a 40-50% markup from the cost the dealers pay.

But then again... if you spidey sense was tingling... perhaps its a FAKE!

-Shawn

P.S. How is the UPO?

Well the watch maybe a picture of a GEN but my experience has always been when dealing with people you don't know and have no trust/verification that if they only accept wires then there is something fishy and some reason this person does not want to use a trusted form of payment.

I would tread carefully with any transaction that involves western union or these types of payments unless the seller can be verified.