When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Highly Reflective Anti Reflective Coating On My Pam!

Zola

My first ever Pam was a 036 from Joshua which i chose after excellent reviews and talk of anti reflective coating. When I received it last October I fell in love instantly and could barely bring myself to let it go to Finepics for a relume. The blue hue was a pleasure to behold and the only reason it left my wrist is because it stopped working. After my replacement also stopped (I really should invest in a service at time of purchase) I felt I needed an emergency PAM while my 036 was being fixed so I bought a cheap and cheerful Chinese 112H for $110 from Silix. Wow! what a fine watch for such little cash, pure class!

I had both watches sitting on my desk as i exchanged straps and was amazed at how amazingly clear the dial on the 112H was, I mean in most cases it actually looks like there’s no glass at all and the crisp sandwich dial has a real look of quality about it. The 036 on the other hand has the most horrendous reflections at all times and far too much stuff happening on the dial! Nothing left to do but face the truth...

Dear PAM036,

I dont love you any more. I've found a prettier and less complicated girl who isnt interested in my money.

Regards,

Zola

94792-27550.jpg

Sorry for the poor pic the reflections are a lot worse on the 036 and the 112H a lot prettier! :)

Edited by Zola

Nice picture for illustration. I have been thinking about this for EL's Patek 3919.

What coating did you go with? Did the crystal pictured receive 1 coat per side?

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm not sure what coating it is far as i know it comes as standard on 036 reps.

I found the post I was looking :p

Silix models have real AR coating hence the huge difference with the 036. ;)

ALL Silix models have AR coating?? I did not know that. Wow!!

ALL Silix models have AR coating?? I did not know that. Wow!!

I never said ALL...

Sorry let me rephrase that.. Silix Asian models with mineral crystal have AR coating (at least both 111 and 112 for the group buy)