When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which One?

GATE 7

Silix Prime

Perfect Clones

Hi people. I will be purchasing my first rep watch this friday, and i'm very excited.

But before i do i have a major dilemma. I need your expertise. The links provided above

are of the very same watch from 2 different dealers. I would like to know, which one is the

better quality. Which dealer is the most reliable. Sillux's is a little more expensive, but i prefer

the black strap. On the other hand Joshua's face looks to be more detailed and it also states that

it's WG plated. Why do you think Sillux's is more expensive? Any input and/or opinions would be greatly

appreiciated. Please take the time out, to help me make a decision.

Thank you in advance

Edited by GATE 7

I would like to know, which one is the

better quality.

They look to be the same watch. The cases are certainly the same. The dials look identical. You are mistaking sharpness and photo quality for differences in detail quality of the dial. The movement will be the same for sure. To find out if the movement is ok...you should read reviews on this movement (SEARCH for reviews on the Lemania, Seagull, manual wind movements). This is your job and to me 80% of the fun of buying reps is the hunt and search for information yourself as you'll find with anything and reps especially, it's not quite as simple as going to Wal-Mart and buying what you want...and bringing it back if it doesn't exactly meet your expectations.

To help you out a bit...the movement is generally considered to be a solid movement that does not require servicing right away. All mechanical watches require servicing on a regular basis if you want them to last awhile (e.g. 25 years vs. 2 years).

Which dealer is the most reliable.

Read the trade reviews on the dealers. ALL recommended dealers here have their issues. You have to decide which issues you are willing to live with and which you aren't. In spite of the issues, the dealers here will provide better service and support than what you'll find outside of this forum...and will give you peace of mind as you can read about user experiences ahead of time by reading the posts here.

If you are in the EU, read the posts on customs seizures (using SEARCH) and you'll find you should only buy from EU based dealers unless you're willing to take the gamble on legal issues and customs seizures.

I've ordered from both and have no issues that weren't addressed. Others have ordered from both, and have had issues. Do your due diligence and search.

Sillux's is a little more expensive, but i prefer the black strap.

These fake croc straps all suck. When you see them in real life, you'll realize just how much they suck. Budget for an aftermarket strap of better quality or glazed gen croc strap and put on the buckle from the rep strap. There are FEW rep straps that are worth keeping. The Breitling straps are some of the few. Most of the sport diver rubber straps are ok...but 99% of the leather straps that come with the reps suck.

Sillux's is a little more expensive...it also states that it's WG plated. Why do you think Sillux's is more expensive?

There is no rationale between why one dealer charges more or less than another. I'm not sure about the WG plating on them.

The questions you are asking are the questions all of us have asked when we started in the rep game. "Who has the best XXX?"..."Which dealer is the best?"..."Why are prices different?"..."What do you think of this movement?"...etc, etc.

The info you need to develop as a buyer to get in the game informed instead of disillusioned is unfortunately, quite staggering. I had the same questions when I started...and I had some patient members guide me along the path where most would just say "use search Noob".

Good luck...and to guide you on your way, do yourself a favour and read the Noob Guide linked in my signature. It will answer almost all the questions you are likely to have in your buying process.

Don't be offended that people aren't giving you the answers you were hoping for...as most people consider these questions things that have been answered a million times already in the forum, and feel that your responsibility is to search for the answers first.

Read, search, learn...and remember to share back...it's the community that makes this place great.