When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

dssd arrived and TCO.. pictorial

jkarpas

Today i received my dssd from andrew, its the eta version. As always service was excellent and communication was instant , emails went back and forth in a chat like speed!

I unwrapped the watch and quality controlled it, to find that 6 o'clock marker had some lume running over the markers frame and also some dust particles around the outer edge of the dial. I decided to open the watch and have a try.

post-2319-1234784728_thumb.jpg

The caseback opened using a ruber glove, it was not so tightly screwed down but i am thankful for this as it came off easily with no scratches at all.

post-2319-1234784738_thumb.jpg

post-2319-1234784753_thumb.jpg

After removing the two piece caseback i witnessed what i believe and hope to be a swiss eta stamped under the balance.

post-2319-1234784763_thumb.jpg

post-2319-1234784773_thumb.jpg

Two movement clamps and screws after and after removing the crown i turned the watch over and got the movement out.

post-2319-1234784795_thumb.jpg

post-2319-1234784782_thumb.jpg

Using a toothpick and a loupe i removed excess lume from 6 o'clock marker and using a cotton ear bud and a joe blower i removed all the dust from the dial. The quality of the watch amazed me. No rough metal everything is finished fine, crown and tube are very sturdy and smooth.

post-2319-1234784807_thumb.jpg

post-2319-1234784821_thumb.jpg

After i silicon greased all the seals i decided to oil the rotor bearings just to make it even more quiet.

As i was busy doing all this stuff the bracelet was soaking in oil.

I followed the same process to assemble the watch and put the bracelet back, which now felt even better.

Everything went fine and i am very happy now.

post-2319-1234784833_thumb.jpg

post-2319-1234784846_thumb.jpg

Hope you enjoyed! This is a truly well made watch and is great for those who like their diver watches chunky and big.

• 3 weeks later...

i am open for trades in eu as i think this is too chunky for my wrist. Its hardly worn and i am looking for a hublot HBB or an iwc. Would also consider trades with multiple less valuable watches