When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Po Or Smp And Speedy Auto?

kanerich

Lately I've been thinking about putting the next 12-18 months' rep budget into a gen and getting out of the rep game for a while. It's tons of fun but just takes up too much of my time and attention. My fault, obviously.

I've been torn for some time between getting a nice diver, either the Seawolf or PO, or the Speedmaster Professional. However, recently I went down to the local watch dealer (not AD but a real nice guy who runs a mom and pop shop here) and he offered to sell me both a new SMP (black, not 007) and a new Speedy Auto (the little 36mm one) for 220000 Yen out the door. At the current favorable exchange rate that comes out to a little under $1900 for both, which I think we can all agree is a very good deal.

So what would you do, get just the Seawolf/PO or Moonwatch, or compromise and get both the SMP and the Speedy Auto? Or buy 8-10 more reps??

Lately I've been thinking about putting the next 12-18 months' rep budget into a gen and getting out of the rep game for a while. It's tons of fun but just takes up too much of my time and attention. My fault, obviously.

I've been torn for some time between getting a nice diver, either the Seawolf or PO, or the Speedmaster Professional. However, recently I went down to the local watch dealer (not AD but a real nice guy who runs a mom and pop shop here) and he offered to sell me both a new SMP (black, not 007) and a new Speedy Auto (the little 36mm one) for 220000 Yen out the door. At the current favorable exchange rate that comes out to a little under $1900 for both, which I think we can all agree is a very good deal.

So what would you do, get just the Seawolf/PO or Moonwatch, or compromise and get both the SMP and the Speedy Auto? Or buy 8-10 more reps??

The problem, as I see it, is that the reduced Speedy and the SMP are not what you were looking for to begin with.

The next problem, again as I see it, is you need to decide exactly what it is you want. You have a Breitling Seawolf and a Speedy Pro on your wish list. Both great watches, but designed for two different uses.

If it were my decision to make, and obviously it is not, I would be looking at the Speedmaster Pro and put the dive watch on the back burner for a while. Inexpensive dive watches are very easy to find. Quality chronographs are another story. Emphasis on QUALITY.

In the end, you will wind up doing what is best for you. Good luck in your search and your decision.