When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2 and a half year old CHS Explorer II

jjjjj

Hello All,

I've been a member here for some time now but never really post, sorry about that but at least i refrained from asking who has the best sub eh?

I have owned a correct hand stack white face explorer 2 since july 2006 which I bought from a UK auction site before discovering RWG. I just wondered what your thoughts were. It is a gen eta inside but i forget the exact movement i'm afraid. I use it as a beater but looking at the comments of others in relation to this model I think it's not a bad one. One thing that confuses me is that it bears the same serial number as the "beginmariner" from Josh (ending 117).

Sorry for the quailty and lack of photos but this is my first real post and I'm still learning...

img0115zce.th.jpg

Your ExpII is most likely THE version that takes genuine dial. The rep white dial is nothing to write home about, but with a dial & crown exchange this is an amazing replica.

THIS is the frankenwatch that I own, and HERE is a general article of this model.

The serial being the same as on Noobmariner is because it comes from the same rep factory.

Your ExpII is most likely THE version that takes genuine dial. The rep white dial is nothing to write home about, but with a dial & crown exchange this is an amazing replica.

THIS is the frankenwatch that I own, and HERE is a general article of this model.

The serial being the same as on Noobmariner is because it comes from the same rep factory.

Thanks by-tor, It's probably a bit stupid but I feel somewhat star-struck after reading all your posts and reviews for so long.

On that note then - does anyone have a spare gen dial hanging around? Looking at by-tor's franken has really inspired me to sort this one out.

Thanks

J

Check the second article that I linked. It has the exact size requirements of the dial/case. Unfortunately there are 2 versions of this rep. It's the older one that takes the gen dial.

Before you do anything, you gotta get the exact measurements of your dial.

Check the second article that I linked. It has the exact size requirements of the dial/case. Unfortunately there are 2 versions of this rep. It's the older one that takes the gen dial.

Before you do anything, you gotta get the exact measurements of your dial.

Without taking the watch apart I have measured the dial through the crystal and it appears that the visible section of the dial measures exactly 27mm. Is this likely to be the right size or is there a lot of the dial that cannot be seen?

Also I have tried to find a source for a gen crown but can't... where is the best place to try?

Cheers

J