When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam sells fo over list at AD

bubu

If it was a standard black seal (handwind) you can buy those in the $3k's. IMHO, any dealer trying to get a price above list is a scammer. If he were authorized you could report him. My experience with gray market dealers was 10-15% off list in a much stronger market. In the current environment the authorized dealers will do the same. The other thing you will find is that the larger stores are offering artificially high trade-ins on another watch you own to effectively lower the price you are buying at without violating their agreements with the manufacturers.

Kruzer is absolutely correct, I received a completely unexpected OVERPRICED trade in to convince me to get a gen in this tough market.

Just came from a non authorized Pam AD. HE is selling a Pam ss, Radiomir Blackseal for $5400. List is approx $4800 usd. And he usually discounts 25% off list price. Is Pam that in demand?

I was shocked!

btw, AD stands for Authorized Dealer.

so if it isnt an AD, is it a pawn shop or something??

He's asking for over list because he can. If someone is willing to pay more than list, I don't think the factory can do too much about it.

Either this guy figures that someone will pay extra for a somewhat hard to find watch..... or he has given himself extra negotiating room to come down.

From what I know, a few brands, Panerai, Rolex and to a lesser extent Patek Phillipe can command these "premium" prices. these are mainly for like Limited edition or even base models for Pams which are always non-existent in display as they get sold as soon as they arrive! Same thing for Subs, Daytonas for rolex. That's how its is from where I come from.

From what I know, a few brands, Panerai, Rolex and to a lesser extent Patek Phillipe can command these "premium" prices. these are mainly for like Limited edition or even base models for Pams which are always non-existent in display as they get sold as soon as they arrive! Same thing for Subs, Daytonas for rolex. That's how its is from where I come from.

Actually I believe those days are largely gone. Watch sales are down 26% at Rolex and 35+% at most of the premium brands. Ain't no one getting a premium on much of anything these days. I can't comment on Patek as they are out of my league. :) The illusory PAM handwinds that we used to never see in NYC are now readily available in the AD's and grey market dealers. In fact the AD's in NYC and DC are offering a discount to list now. I was thinking about wandering into the Panerai store and seeing what they are doing.

At this point with the secondary market crumbling I would think long and hard before buying from an AD. The last two Zenith based Daytonas sold for $8-9k when they were $13-14k 4 months ago. BP's have simlarly fallen from a solid $10-12k to $8k. And on the PAM's you can almost name your price. A 237 Ghost which was solid at $7500 + just traded for $4850. If you put out a WTB on Risti for a 233 you can buy as many as you want in the 9's and at least one person I spoke to was into the 8's. So unless you have found one of very few watches go tell that dealer to remove his head... :lol:

Actually I believe those days are largely gone. Watch sales are down 26% at Rolex and 35+% at most of the premium brands. Ain't no one getting a premium on much of anything these days. I can't comment on Patek as they are out of my league. :) The illusory PAM handwinds that we used to never see in NYC are now readily available in the AD's and grey market dealers. In fact the AD's in NYC and DC are offering a discount to list now. I was thinking about wandering into the Panerai store and seeing what they are doing.

At this point with the secondary market crumbling I would think long and hard before buying from an AD. The last two Zenith based Daytonas sold for $8-9k when they were $13-14k 4 months ago. BP's have simlarly fallen from a solid $10-12k to $8k. And on the PAM's you can almost name your price. A 237 Ghost which was solid at $7500 + just traded for $4850. If you put out a WTB on Risti for a 233 you can buy as many as you want in the 9's and at least one person I spoke to was into the 8's. So unless you have found one of very few watches go tell that dealer to remove his head... :lol:

That's very true. Nowadays, ADs are more willing to give discounts. A Deep Sea Dweller which used to sell at a premium is now only at list price and discounts will also be given.

I have a friend in the pre-owned watch business. He was just telling me he has 2 BPs on stock. First time its happened to him. Normally, these would sell once they arrive.

The prices you mention though are really attractive. These are in the US? BP for $8k. wow, thats a good price.

Actually the prices I am quoting are from timezone, ebay (finished sales), etc. There is a guy asking $3300 for a used 05 on TZ. On the PAM's I usually find that the best way to buy PAM's is to put out a WTB on risti. I find that there are people who really want to move some of their PAM's and are either embarassed or don't want to publicly admit what they will take for their used PAM.

A ghost for $4850?!?! I didn't realize the market was that far off.

Just came from a non authorized Pam AD. HE is selling a Pam ss, Radiomir Blackseal for $5400. List is approx $4800 usd. And he usually discounts 25% off list price. Is Pam that in demand?

I was shocked!

Also Rolex AD do like this......

PREMIUM plssssssss

Replica better Sir..... ^_^

Actually the prices I am quoting are from timezone, ebay (finished sales), etc. There is a guy asking $3300 for a used 05 on TZ. On the PAM's I usually find that the best way to buy PAM's is to put out a WTB on risti. I find that there are people who really want to move some of their PAM's and are either embarassed or don't want to publicly admit what they will take for their used PAM.

I keep hearing about good deals on Timezone but I never see them! probably because I am here too much :D