When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this really Super LumiNova for $35 USD ?

I was considering buying C3 direct from RCTritec to mod a few older dials. Total cost to the US is about $85 from RCTritec. When looking at various other places I came across Ofrei selling this kit (in the pix) for $33. Ofrei is calling it "Superluminova".

af13254.1.jpg

Also Watchmaterial.com sells the same kit for $38, but they do not call it Super Luminova:

https://www.watchmaterial.com/viewitem.asp?idProduct=1970

And Jules Borel item# CE13252 (at $35 USD)seems to be the same as Ofrei's offering but again no reference to SLN.

Anyone have experience with these product kits? And is it really Super LumiNova or an equivalent?

This is what the container says it is "AF Lume compound", it is NOT Super Luminova or even close in terms of glow quality or the ease of application.

There is only one Super Luminova, it's expensive as you discovered and only sold by RC Tritec. Don't even bother with any of the other so called offerings you see, they don't compare to the real thing...

If you simply wanted something to practice with, nothing wrong with this kit, it's close enough that you get the "feel" for applying lume.

RG

This is what the container says it is "AF Lume compound", it is NOT Super Luminova or even close in terms of glow quality or the ease of application.

There is only one Super Luminova, it's expensive as you discovered and only sold by RC Tritec. Don't even bother with any of the other so called offerings you see, they don't compare to the real thing...

If you simply wanted something to practice with, nothing wrong with this kit, it's close enough that you get the "feel" for applying lume.

RG

Thank you for the quick response and validating my suspicions. I wonder why Ofrei is calling it SLN when it is an inferior product.

Bob is a jerk, as The Zigmeister stated. His store is very close to where I live. While I have purchased from their store I almost always find something on my shopping list that is BS or twice what I was quoted. Hey, but they gave me a free caseback ball for ripping me off. <_< Too bad it popped on the first use.