When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex GMT 1675

Guest vantica

Here are the details from the seller:

"2 million serial GMT 1675. Recently serviced. All original Hands,Dial Datewheel. All tritium. Serviced last week and new crystal installed. Runs’100%. The insert has a few marks on it, but nothing major and not hard to find another. The bracelet looks great, but the clasp has been polished and the. Rolex crown is worn down. I am only selling out of necessity, I have not seen many GMT in this condition at all. Paypal is an additional 3%. NO overseas on this one.

WATCH WILL BE ON OYSTER BRACELET WITH NONFLIPLOCK CLASP…The Jubilee and Folded link bracelets are mine and stay. The oyster bracelet is in great condition with very little stretch and no scratches".

He is giving me a few months to save as he is in no need for money right away either. Though the only reason he is debating on selling is due to loosing his job and by when his saving acct empties he will need to sell.

"All original"? Yeah right :rolleyes: .

Serial confirms my suspicions pretty much exactly on the age of the case - dates the watch anywhere from '67-'70 depending on what the x is after 2.x million. The case profile and chunky square CGs were a clear indicator. Also means, NO WAY IN HELL THAT DIAL & HANDS ARE ORIGINAL!!!. Aside from the fact dials of that era used a different font (most pronounced on the 'Rolex'), as Euno said, they were still swapping out with NOS service tritium dials only a few years ago, so given the condition of the watch in general (well worn, case polished to within an inch of its life) he's being...ahem, more than economical with the truth. <_<

Also odd why he showed pictures of a nasty Jubilee when he's keeping it (and the more valuable folded links oyster) and giving you a later (non-folded) oyster. I'd ask for pics inc. endlink refs to check that isn't aftermarket. But actually I wouldn't bother at this stage.

I'd be interested to know what he's asking, merely out of curiosity. Me personally, I'd run away screaming from this one for several reasons regardless. Take those few months he's 'giving' you to save and use them more wisely. Plenty of reference material out there and plenty of infinitely nicer 1675s.

"All original"? Yeah right :rolleyes: .

Serial confirms my suspicions pretty much exactly on the age of the case - dates the watch anywhere from '67-'70 depending on what the x is after 2.x million. The case profile and chunky square CGs were a clear indicator. Also means, NO WAY IN HELL THAT DIAL & HANDS ARE ORIGINAL!!!. Aside from the fact dials of that era used a different font (most pronounced on the 'Rolex'), as Euno said, they were still swapping out with NOS service tritium dials only a few years ago, so given the condition of the watch in general (well worn, case polished to within an inch of its life) he's being...ahem, more than economical with the truth. <_<

Also odd why he showed pictures of a nasty Jubilee when he's keeping it (and the more valuable folded links oyster) and giving you a later (non-folded) oyster. I'd ask for pics inc. endlink refs to check that isn't aftermarket. But actually I wouldn't bother at this stage.

I'd be interested to know what he's asking, merely out of curiosity. Me personally, I'd run away screaming from this one for several reasons regardless. Take those few months he's 'giving' you to save and use them more wisely. Plenty of reference material out there and plenty of infinitely nicer 1675s.

Posts like this are really what sets this forum apart from any other, amazing..

..Just felt the need to show my appreciation of your knowledge!