When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black or White

rogerthat

Nice shots & watches!

You seem to have things pretty much technically covered.

3rd Hublot dial is overlit though. You might want to filter the lighting or shoot it from a side angle. Your camera also shows up in the reflection.

Cleaning up the dust from watches prior to shooting is important as well. The devil is in the details.

Practice makes perfect, and photographing watches is fun and can be extremely rewarding. Keep 'em coming! :tu:

Thanks ByTor,

It was fun setting these up but I have a long way to go.

I can't believe all of the DUST!!! Didn't see that until I loaded the pics.

The Bentley looks to have a scratch but that was just a piece of dust hair.

Lighting will definitely take some practice to get right.

I will give another photo shoot later this week and see if that goes better, getting some goodies frmom The Zigmeister next week

and I want to make sure my skills are improved by the time they arrive.

Cheers,

M

There's always going to be some dust or some occasional small dirt area on the pics, no matter how much you clean up the watches.

Photoshop is pretty much the only way to get rid of dust 100%.

Good advise, I will pick one of those up. They are fun to play with too :D

@FrankPower

I went a little overboard on this watch. It still has flaws so I can't exactly recommend these changes be done but the visual changes between mine and the normal rep are:

Cheif crystal which makes a huge difference, ETA day and datewheels, not technically accurate to the gen but much better in overallo appearance than the bright red rep wheels that just look cheap and The Zigmeister lume to C1 instead of the off colored rep lume.

There is a swiss ETA inside this as well, which may have helped a little with the datewheel now appearing more flush than before but that is more of a performance upgrade than a visual one.

Anyway, glad you like it, this watch on the street gets the most compliments.

If you didn't see the gen you would inspect this rep and think was gen becuase of the mods.

The 6.75 is closer to the gen out of the box, but that size is too big on me, I bought and sold one awhile back.

The GT was my first ever rep.

Cheers,

congrats its a real beauty and being your first rep, i think makes it even more cool for you. it is a keeper for sure. mods are great.

my next purchase will be a bentley and i was looking for the big date but wonder if it will be too big also for me. i guess i will have to try it, because i dont have the money to go thru all the mods you have done to your GT.

• 1 year later...