When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

B&R 02 rep Vs. Gen

dragshotz

I recently received my B&R 02 from Josh, I love it and I had the chance to compare side-by-side with my boss's gen version. It's amazing how good the rep is, Under close examination the only faults we could find is that the Gens A/R is better, Lume is better and the buckle is pretty inaccurate on the rep (It's larger than the gen and not as well finished.) The engraving on the back is also not as well finished on the rep but it is accurate, It's just rougher to the touch and the edges feel sharper...

Overall a great rep and a trip to The Zigmeister for lume and some decent A/R will take care of the major faults, (I wish they had done a better job on the buckle though.)

Gen lume is blue. Rep is green. Biggest tell. If you are I'm the UK you can getna get strap very easy. Fixes the buckle. I love mine. It's on it's way to being perfect right now. Good luck with yours.

Have you a source for a genuine strap? Can anyone confirm if the genuine strap fits OK?

there is a UK based dealer that only can sell/ ship in the UK that has the ss and pvd straps in rubber and canvas. I wanted a canvas strap, but I would need a uk connection to send it to me in conus. someday...

I'm in the UK and have dealt with a 'local' AD (not too local to me but at least in the UK) regarding my gen B&R03-94. I got a genuine strap from them without any problem but they knew that I owned a genuine 03 so that may have helped.

I have just sold my gen 03 and now want to buy a rep 02-92 (SS numeral version), with an ETA movement. I don't really care is it's an ETA clone as I have a genuine Swiss 2824, which I assume will be a straight swap. How many different versions of this model are available - are they all the same from all sources, or is there a difference?

Take a quick picture if you have a moment. I too am curious as to whether it was the numbers or dot version. Now, can we get your boss to join the forum? He could have saved himself a lot of money. :lol:

It's a numbers version...I'll try to grab some shots side-by-side when I see him this weekend.

Now I have to find a source for a genuine strap in the US...If all else fails I will get my sister in the UK to get me one.