When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Raleigh/Durham Triangle GTG - Next Week

watch

April 1st 2009

Durham NC

Tyler's Taproom 7-9

RWG,RG,WUS ++

I will have a table big enough for those who respond by April 1st. (Next week, BTW)

MetricsGeek

Watch, if this is an April Fools and there is someone with a camcorder watching random watch enthusiasts bumble around looking mildly lost and perplexed, a very swift kick inna fork will be administered!!! :p

Nope,

I considered moving the date for that reason, then decided that if somebody doesn't come out due to fear, we don't need them. I will be there. I am organizing it. I have spoken with two sponsors for future events and speakers (Anthony's Clocks & Watches- Watch repair and Jared Gallery of Jewelry).

Nobody shows? It's pint night, and I like Sierra Nevada Pale. I will have a nice dinner and a beer or two. No problems.

For those that show, we will meet and greet. If enough come, I will do a door prize.

I no wanna kick inna fork, yes?

MetricsGeek

aka Ray McGill

Oxford, NC

Watch, if this is an April Fools and there is someone with a camcorder watching random watch enthusiasts bumble around looking mildly lost and perplexed, a very swift kick inna fork will be administered!!! :p

We had a good time.

The event was billed as the Triangle Watch Club.

We met at Tyler's Taproom because I arranged the meeting, it was pint night ($5 Abita Turbo Dog, free glass), and I like beer.

Location: Bar/Restaurant. Crowded but we had a table and dinner.

Time: April fools day. Not the best time to hold a first meeting....

Atmosphere: Surprisingly good. Plenty of room to spread out watches.

Watches: Pam 111h, Pam 111e, Omega Railmaster, Omega SMP,Frank Mueller, Wenger, Lucian Picard, Breitling SOSF, Santos 100, etc.

Raffle prize was a Bergeon movement holder which went to DariusP.

Areas (for search to find): Raleigh Durham Oxford Cary Chapel Hill Wake Forest

MetricsGeek