When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

watch servicing from trusty time

boneill32

Welcome to RWG. As much as we have recommended dealers here with things like servicing and waterproofing, the usual consensus here is not to believe it especially f it involves you having to pay extra money. The belief (though rarely confirmed) is that no work...or dirty work will be done so you would be wasting your money.

It's a blatant lie, I bought the 'waterproofing' service when I was a noob [my 1st rep] and when I had it tested my watch smith told me I could shower with it, but I should forget about swimming with it. Like Toad said, buy a watch and get it serviced in your country by a local watch smith or one of the forums watch smiths, might even be cheaper and definitely much more reliable than taking the dealers word for it, specially Jandrew's.

Edited by guanaco

that's good info...thanks for the honesty. i keep reading that The Zigmeister is the man when it comes to servicing, but i can imagine that he can get somewhat back-logged if he's the only guy servicing an entire online community. just looking for alternatives. :)