When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Effin Economy - Golf business

Rant. Plea.

An introduction: I joined this board last summer with the full intention of becoming involved in the community. I discovered it while researching some gen watches and became amazed at the quality of the reps that are out there. I discovered Bell & Ross and quickly became enamored with their watches. I have yet to be able to purchase one as I have intended to do. Additionally the community here seems pretty cool. Very helpful and informative and very little chest-pumping and berating.

Then the economy smack down hit. I am one of a few guys who started up a golf course management software company (the software will also accommodate use in restaurants or retail shops) a few years ago and we were just starting to get our product to a semi-mature level. We had a commitment for another round of investment capital that evaporated. Scramble time....... Now I'm looking for any way to keep it afloat and more importantly maintain some standard of living. Maybe I need to come up with the next credit default swap scheme.

The capital search continues.........

/rant

Guest carlsbadrolex

I am good friends with the manager of a 4 year old golf course here in Carlsbad, CA. He stated that right now they are not getting 20-24 golfers per day during the week and only about double that on weekends. Golf has seriously taken a huge hit here in SoCal.