When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rep brushed UTC module - how do i open & remove watch

hackR

i need to know how to remove the watch from the utc module casing...does it unscrew like a normal caseback?...what kind of tool would open this?...not an expert, by any stretch, on tools...but i want to open the caseback, remove the stem and remove the bezel/crystal...any advice on how this works with a rep utc module would be helpful...

why am i doing this?...well, at some point, i'll need to replace the battery...but moreover, i purchased the white dial 42mm fantasy skyland/chrono avenger/SA rep - which comes with the nice polished and brushed bracelet...i also purchase a cheapo brushed ss quartz white dial skyland thang with a white dial utc...the utc module and the 6 o'clock connecting link are brushed...i want to polished the utc module and the 6 o'clock connecting link to complete this "project"...

i know if i'm careful i could use a dremel...put am worried that i will polish the edges of the utc watch bezel...best to take it apart...but if i can't, i'll slowly try to do this with a dremel...soooo - also looking for some advice on type of dremel bit, polishing "shtuff" and steps to make this shine!...

btw -- i think it was andreww i "spoke" with about this model watch...josh has them...(pugwash and stephane have great pix posts)...this watch has the case/etc of the good version of the ti chrono avenger, if i'm not mistaken...this is an absolutely gorgeous watch...surrrrrrrre - it's fantasy...but having this in your breitling collection seems to be a must, IMO...and when i get the utc done right, i'll post pix...sharp as hell it looks now...even better when i polish it up...

totally off-topic....my Hont delivered Blacksteel arrived saturday...wowwwwwwww!...unfreakinbelievable this watch is...i have resisted temptation to wear it since it's arrival, as i'm waiting to mate it with Aaron's red/black strap -- arriving this week, tooooooo...damn!...gonna be a great week...

R-

i need to know how to remove the watch from the utc module casing...does it unscrew like a normal caseback?...what kind of tool would open this?...not an expert, by any stretch, on tools...but i want to open the caseback, remove the stem and remove the bezel/crystal...any advice on how this works with a rep utc module would be helpful...

Not sure about the crystal and crown but the case back needs to be lifted up. There is a watch tool for this procedure but a thin sharp knife may work. You work the blade between the case back and the case and twist upward. However, this case be hard to do and I would suggest if you ar enot sure to approach a proper repair professional (ie: The Zigmeister).

TimeShare

timeshare...great...thanks...

i do see a small "slot" of sorts in the caseback's inner edge that is visible now -- and where i could insert a small screwdriver or knife between the caseback and the case...i've tried this, but didn't want to force it - especially if actually unscrewed...

do you - or anyone have any advice on what tool i should use - a small screwdriver or what...and should i pry it up or twist it?...

thanks...R