When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Deep Sea Sea Dweller

Jit

Hi All. I pulled the trigger a while back and got a noobmariner from Josh and then went on to get a daytona with seconds at six (both of which I am very happy with)

I have been closely following all posts on the deep sea sea dweller (in particular Lani's post but not sure where he purchased it from???) and am wanting to pull the trigger on this beast!

Who would people suggest has the best one in at the moment? I've noticed that there are many different versions (V2, V3) and many trusted dealers offering the DSSD (Josh, Andrew etal)

Does anyone know if WM9 is planning to release the DSSD?

Do I wait until somebody releases the latest version and if so who? and when?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks everyone

Jit.

With reps, it is pretty much like with computers. By the time you take your new, superfast machine home, the next generation is already being advertised. So, unless your patient enough to wait...and wait... and wait for the "super" "duper" "ultimate" "best" "1:1" version to come out and then realize that this watch is yesterday's news, pull the trigger.

The current "best" is the V3 DSSD, "swiss" eta, with 2 piece caseback. It still has minor flaws (like every rep) but most of them can

1. be cured by minor modding

2. will in the real world only be seen by a handful of people.

Who knows, by the time V4 or 5 comes out, you might have your eyes on a completely different watch.

I bought mine from PT (Precious Time), but I am sure that Andrew, Josh, Angus et al have it as well. The general consensus is: choose your seller first and then ask him for the watch. Write the dealer of your choice a mail and tell him exactly what you want..