When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SMP bezels

Fritz07

I am looking for a new bezel insert for my Gen Omega SMP, but as we all know Omega only sells the whole bezel which is absolutely ridiculous. I checked on ebay and I cant seem to find them with a properly decent bezel pearl, and I'm not about to let my Genuine Omega turn to a crappy looking one just because of the pearl. This is what I have managed to find:

DSC06072.jpg

From Luxury Deals8

and

4609_1.JPG

from wholesale outlet990

I am just wondering if anyone knows where I can get my hands on a decent bezel insert? Or will I have to cough up the 200 plus bux for the OEM part?

I am just wondering if anyone knows where I can get my hands on a decent bezel insert? Or will I have to cough up the 200 plus bux for the OEM part?

Go Gen... I did so myself when I had an accident with my SMP Chrono, and it was well worth the effort. Lookee here: Hoogah-Chaka From time to time, used parts appear...

On the second bezel you posted the pearl looks closer than on the factory Rep bezel, but I really don't like the font... the first one looks as bad as the factory Rep bezel... you will regret it, trust me.

Edited by Jaguar-XJR

The SMP chrono reps have significantly better pearls. You can also get the bezel with the better font and make your own pearl. http://www.replicacollector.com/members/in...&hl=pearls#

Trust me, the pearl and entire bezel on the Rep SMP Chrono are crap compared to the Gen version. It is a dead giveaway to spot it as a Rep. I just recently upgraded my own SMP Chrono with a Gen bezel.

As for the Rep bezel:

- pearl too large, not centered, lume not clear covered, not flush with surface, metal frame about twice as thick

- raised edges too narrow, recessed/machined areas too large, not polished

- font too narrow

- markers slightly out of measure

- the blue color is slightly too light

All these flaws are, except for the pearl, not easy to spot on a picture. But trust me, it is a HUGE difference. I did not want to put a Gen bezel on my SMP at all, but I had to as I had an accident with the watch, and one member was so kind offering me a Gen bezel. I was really overwhelmed by the noticable difference in appearance it made to the watch. And since I already had a Gen crown/tube and datewheel fitted, it infected me with the Frankenwatch virus :)

Edited by Jaguar-XJR

Ah, and something I forgot: the surface of the Rep bezel inlay shows marks of machining under strong light while the Gen bezel inlay has an absolutely smooth surface.

Edited by Jaguar-XJR