When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

VC vintage chronographe limited edition (lemania)

hackR

This rep has always intrigued me...not sure why...probably the kinda retro look of it...like the pillow/cushion case, too...

Since I have an ALS seagull st-19 chronographe similar to the VC Malte Chronographe -- i have decided to turn my attention away from the Malte...

I have searched for references to this rep, but to no avail...could be because i missed it...or could be because no one has it or likes it...

Wondering what your thoughts are about this watch -- and if you have one, what your opinion of it is?...and/or a request for some "real-time" pix...

Also -- is this a rep of a real gen VC limited edition?...i searched google for it, to no avail...

R-

post-16947-1239066344_thumb.jpg post-16947-1239066361_thumb.jpg post-16947-1239066375_thumb.jpg

There is a very good lemania-based chrono malte VC rep already in distribution, I'm afraid to say the one of your choice - albeit quite intriguing - is more fantasy than reality.

Still, if you like it, why not get it? At least you'll have a unique watch to call your own.

Hey Corg --

thanks...

yes - i know of the VC malte chrono - lemania (seagull st-19)...my dilemna is that i already have a A.Lange&Sohne seagull flyback chrono - which i like a lot...

i know the VC malte can actually be worn a little more formal than the ALS flyback chrono, but i was looking for something a little different...

(the vintage VC is on my list...but was wondering why no one has posted pix of one or spoke of it...my guess is that "it's different" and that it's "fantasy"...but as you say, if i like it, i should consider it...and i agree...)

R-

flyback chrono pix below:

post-16947-1239239898_thumb.jpg

Corgi -- lol...you are bad for my wallet...thanks for the reply, my friend...

i do like the "look" of the ALS flyback...less formal looking than the VC Malte...

but i do like the Malte...maybe i should sell my VC 1755 Jubilee to free up to some funds for the Malte...prefer a member trade, but don't see them come up much...and i already habe an alert out there for the IWC St. Exupery...argh...a crazy hobby!?!?...

R-

I wouldn't sell the 1755. It's an inexpensive rep so you won't get much for it in return, and for what it is, truly the watch is a very accurate replica.

If you're looking for a Manual Handwind 30-minute chronographe, have you perhaps considered a Breguet rep? They are quite accurate and nice in design too.