When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can this defect be repaired?

I have an APROO which so far is amazing. Keeping COSC time as well. It lost only 18 seconds in a whole week! But i have a blob of lume around the number 4 numeral :( Eventually i probably would want to get this watch serviced and moded with a relume however can this be cleaned up without harming the dial? Here is a pic.

APDEFECT.jpg

Edited by ranisavage

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, this should not be a problem. If you feel comfortable to uncase you watch, you can do this yourself - but I would recommend to have it done by a pro if you have no experience.

How would you remove it? Scrape it off somehow? Would it actually not damage the dial? I would like to know before i talk to the dealer and see what can be done about it. The worst i could do is mess up the dial which i could just get another one in. How would you go about fixing it? Someone said i could just remove the bezel and crystal and not have to take the movement out but what would you use to get it off?