When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wearing Watches Without Creating A Fashion Statement

Faker

I have a classic black sub... Who doesn't? I never have to think twice about it, whatever I am wearing it matches. Now there are some trendier watches such as the orange planet ocean, and the New bently GT Burgundy. ANyone who is more fashionably inclined please feel free to chime in. What are the rules? are there any rules? I am really itching to buy this watch, it is gorgeous RED BENTLY GT Would I have to wear a red outfit to wear something like this? I am mostly in jeans and a standard white or black T-shirt, will I have to reconsider and get a white or black dial?

Well, as i wrote in another post:

each morning i make a choice wich suit to wear (black, brown, blue or grey, with stripings or not) .

Than i choose the shirt. Normal or buttoned down, white, black, yellow, blue, pink etc.....

Next is the silk tie ( have 120 +, small addiction) with fitting "manchetknopen" the things you put in your sleeves (dont know the english word for it.)

and next: the matching watch !

fully dressed up: IWC / glashutte etc

slightly casual: Panerai / omega etc

casual: rolex, storm, seiko, nautica, citizen and panerai

Gerco

Cufflinks.

Thanks Pugwash,

The word didn't pop up when I wrote the posting.

Jon Up North: nice post, you really got the pointers right !!!

Gerco

Edited by Gerco

Other than gold for dress occasions and the issue of fitting a watch under a cuffed shirt I don't think twice about it. I pick whatever watch I want first. The clothes are unimportant. Now I do match my watch straps with my belts and shoes though. ;)

Strangly also the other way around happenes. When I feel the need to wear a specific watch, i'll adjust my shirt, tie & suit with it.

Thinking of it: that's kindoff happened often recently.....

Gerco

Match your cufflinks to your watch. Silver cufflinks look bad with a rose-gold watch - and vice-versa.

If you are into coloured straps, hunting down matching cufflinks on e-bay will further prevent you from having a life... :D

Yep, i have them flown in by the dozens......until everything matches, except my bankaccount... :yu: