When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Carrera Auto Chronograph questions

luda46

Hey guys,

I know I'm new but I have done quite a bit of research and this topic is still very unclear because the dealers don't understand what I am talking about when I ask them and also they keep telling me to refer to their pics when others have clearly noted that they aren't updated compared to what they are receiving.

I was interested in purchasing the Tag Heuer Carrera Chronograph Asia Valjoux 7750 Movement with Brown Dial and Bezel but I was reading some threads on different forums and it shows that these models have come out with the same movement but with the new 28800bph and with the updated bearing on the rotor, regulator, and silver screws.

OLD: (replica)

img1300zy8.jpg

NEW: (replica)

img1379ny6.jpg

Pics were taken from Francisco's thread on RepGreek

Basically, I would like a watch that is very close to the authentic one..

tag-heuer-caliber16.jpg

atrasvi4.jpg

Here are the threads I was referring to about the caseback movement view...

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=49...g+carrera+rotor

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=48451&page=2

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=58137

I know the dealers say that the pictures are there on the website, but members have received products where the pictues isn't updated on their site. I was interested in purchasing from some well known dealers but even they can't give me a response that matches up with what people have received. I wanted to check to make sure if anyone had a definite answer.

BTW: I have emailed Andrew, Joshua, and Watcheden and all of them are giving me answers that don't match up with what people have gotten.

Not a definite answer and this may even muddy the waters a little more. I recently received a Carrera from Precious Time with the 28800bph movement with the updated rotor bearing but it did not have the balance regulator as seen on some recent movements, I posted about it HERE. Seems there are a few versions of the movement around at the moment and will probably be a bit of a lottery as to which one you'll get.

Unfortunately, the updated 28K bph does not have the regulator fork, but it's important to pint out that this doesn't mean you could not regulated the movt. It's just the fork missing.

To keep things a little complex, as always in our beloved reps world, the updated rotor is not in all 28K bph movt. I just could guess the new rotor is being used for one or some factories, not all of them.

Also lots of people are confused as to what the movement looks like corresponding to diff watches I think I figured it out and it should be as follows...

Brad Pitt Tag Carrera Chronograph should look like this...

V1 Carrera

V1 Carrera Movement

The new Leonardo DiCaprio Tag Carrera Chronograph should look like this...

V2 Carrera

V2 Carrera Movement

Tag Grand Carrera Calibre 17 is this one...

Grand Carrera

Grand Carrera Movement

I have seen one person who got the right looking Brad Pitt Tag from PT but it still had the blue screws as in HERE

The only person who has Leonardo DiCaprio Tag similar is HERE but they still have the blue screws.

The calibre 17 is out with the right looking rotor but different bearing as in HERE

I know I am being VERY nit picky but the information about this is all over the place without anyone knowing anything for sure. SO I wanted to clear it up and we should start an unofficial list to see which dealers actually have these specifications that they say they do.