When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first rep! Bell&Ross BR01-94 Carbon

Member X

Hey all :)

I'm exceedingly pleased to say that, due to a completely unexpected act of kindness by a new friend :o I have been gifted my first rep! :D

It's a Bell&Ross BR01-94 Carbon running (I'm told) an ETA movement, and it also came with a ALT Strap on top of the original rubber one!

That is sadly as much as I know, and I'm not brave enough to take it apart to check lol

It has however been keeping excellent time and the chronos work fine from my limited testing!

The finish is good on the case (if a little shiny) and the majority of the numerals and index markings are spot on, but... the chrono dials are incorrect to the original (should be seconds at 3 not seconds at 6), the printing on the smaller lettering and on a couple of dates on the datewheel is slightly flaking in places, the hands have zero lume, the datewheel is ever so slightly sunken, and the chrono seconds hand isn't lined up exactly to 12...

but I love it B):D

I have no hope of affording a gen anytime soon so I think I will go for the good BR02 rep that is now available for my next rep! I will also become a supporter when I actually have some money - right now it's a case of not eating till payday... lol

Anyway, here are some pics! Apologies for the not great quality - I'm struggling slightly as my camera doesn't seem to like focusing in the Super-Macro setting!

post-20134-1239741870_thumb.jpg

post-20134-1239741888_thumb.jpg

post-20134-1239741900_thumb.jpg

post-20134-1239741919_thumb.jpg

Hey all :)

I'm exceedingly pleased to say that, due to a completely unexpected act of kindness by a new friend :o I have been gifted my first rep! :D

It's a Bell&Ross BR01-94 Carbon running (I'm told) an ETA movement, and it also came with a ALT Strap on top of the original rubber one!

That is sadly as much as I know, and I'm not brave enough to take it apart to check lol

It has however been keeping excellent time and the chronos work fine from my limited testing!

The finish is good on the case (if a little shiny) and the majority of the numerals and index markings are spot on, but... the chrono dials are incorrect to the original (should be seconds at 3 not seconds at 6), the printing on the smaller lettering and on a couple of dates on the datewheel is slightly flaking in places, the hands have zero lume, the datewheel is ever so slightly sunken, and the chrono seconds hand isn't lined up exactly to 12...

but I love it B):D

I have no hope of affording a gen anytime soon so I think I will go for the good BR02 rep that is now available for my next rep! I will also become a supporter when I actually have some money - right now it's a case of not eating till payday... lol

Anyway, here are some pics! Apologies for the not great quality - I'm struggling slightly as my camera doesn't seem to like focusing in the Super-Macro setting!

Nice watch! Unfortunately ALL 3 subdials are wrong....I had looked for quite a while to find my B&R that had all the proper markings when I got my BR03-51