When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Recent Dealer Frustrations With Newbies And Paypal

Defender110

totally sucks the recent problems some of ourt dealers are exeriencing with paypal, customs and general transactions with newbies or spoiled brat so called long time members... :-( makes me sad that they have to go through these issues because of incompetence.

we all love this hobby but have you noticed how the membership numbers have JUMPED over the last 6 months on all the boards?? i think many newbies are here that are not at all interested in watches and horology but are only after 'PERFECT.... sub, breitling, tag etc....' i posted a message a few weeks ago entitled 'advice to all newbies' some flamed me for using caps too much.. but i was trying to make a point.. if you here for a holy grail watch.. save up your money, charge it, or build it with parts yourself, but no matter what you choose it will cost dearly either in time or money.

the word is startling to get out and many are also inviting or telling others about our great little hobby home.. yes we all at SOME POINT started with nothing or had to learn about the comunity but some here are only after a HOLY GRAIL watch and will [censored] and complain no matter what happens with the item. these are the kind of people that can hurt us and hurt our trusted dealers.. within the last month EL, PT, Trusty, REG have all have either customs issues with RETURNED watches that included unspeakable documentation or PAYPAL issues.. THESE are 'TRUSTED DEALERS' so if you have a issue politely ask or inform or WORK IT OUT with the 'trusted dealer' they are here to assist and provide... NOT SCAM. yes they are running a business and are making money but many of them do this because they enjoy horiculture and the community and they have other jobs or business to support their families.

please lets all be a little more careful with who we invite, and encourage all the new ones to post and learn about this enjoyable hobby so as to be better informed, but also to better weed out the riffraff.

please follow up with thoughts and comments by posting a reply below.

josh

totally sucks the recent problems some of ourt dealers are exeriencing with paypal, customs and general transactions with newbies or spoiled brat so called long time members... :-( makes me sad that they have to go through these issues because of incompetence.

we all love this hobby but have you noticed how the membership numbers have JUMPED over the last 6 months on all the boards?? i think many newbies are here that are not at all interested in watches and horology but are only after 'PERFECT.... sub, breitling, tag etc....' i posted a message a few weeks ago entitled 'advice to all newbies' some flamed me for using caps too much.. but i was trying to make a point.. if you here for a holy grail watch.. save up your money, charge it, or build it with parts yourself, but no matter what you choose it will cost dearly either in time or money.

the word is startling to get out and many are also inviting or telling others about our great little hobby home.. yes we all at SOME POINT started with nothing or had to learn about the comunity but some here are only after a HOLY GRAIL watch and will [censored] and complain no matter what happens with the item. these are the kind of people that can hurt us and hurt our trusted dealers.. within the last month EL, PT, Trusty, REG have all have either customs issues with RETURNED watches that included unspeakable documentation or PAYPAL issues.. THESE are 'TRUSTED DEALERS' so if you have a issue politely ask or inform or WORK IT OUT with the 'trusted dealer' they are here to assist and provide... NOT SCAM. yes they are running a business and are making money but many of them do this because they enjoy horiculture and the community and they have other jobs or business to support their families.

please lets all be a little more careful with who we invite, and encourage all the new ones to post and learn about this enjoyable hobby so as to be better informed, but also to better weed out the riffraff.

please follow up with thoughts and comments by posting a reply below.

josh

I think this is a good post and you make a lot of good point,s but to reiterate a previous point, i think it is wrong to lay these issues exclusively at the feet of us 'noobies'... I hate to sould unduly sensitive about this, but I remain convinced that the troubles expereinced by Eddie for instance were the result of a set-up.. i do not know why someone would do that, but someone clearly did. It does not take a brain surgon or an experienced board member to figure out what will happen if you label your return package " Replica" .. .just my two cents, but I cannot help but wonder what motivates people to act this way.