When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Maybe you should ...

donerix

Of cause the top end is not overpriced. Buy a Lang & Sohne or a Glasshutte and you can see where the money went but the mass manufactured stuff like Rolex, Briet etc is wayyyy over the mark. It takes a skilled watchsmith a year or more to turn out a Lang and a machine less than a day or two to make a Sub. How can you say that a watch that costs less than 500 bucks to make is not overpriced at six grand?

Col.

"How many prizes do I need to get this new Rolex?"

"Sir this watch costs a lot of prizes. In fact to buy it you will need to hand over two stuffed pandas size large, a novelty foam hat, and a souvenir snowglobe"

"That is way to expensive. I guess I should zip up and go home!"

Guest HaloArchive

Most of this is marketing. If I made a watch out of recycled cardboard and old computer parts and marketed it well enough, I could have a huge profit margin. Its all in the marketing then the producer of the item controlls the supply / demand of it and, thus creating a value out of nothing.

Just like the US gov't works.

$0.02

H

Sheesh.. and I thought RWG was getting soft.. been a long time (1 week at least) since we had a lively debate..

Whatever happend to Bricktop?...he was always up for a "lively debate"! :p