When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Midsize Franken Update

One4adventure

Hi all,

Last report I had picked up a case and movement holder, it has been a slow search for the rest of the parts as the prices on midsize seem to be inflated for some reason. I was lucky to source a genuine dial that is a nice light champagne.

Questions for the gurus;

I see alot of Sapphire crystal upgrades on ebay for the midsize, is this the way to go or should I go with the original acrylic crystal?

Also as I mentioned the dial I picked up is a nice light gold with black markers, I will try to get some decent picks but should I go TT or all stainless? Obviously TT will cost me more for the bezel and crown but the gens on ebay look a little too gold for my taste. I think the one gen I saw in person must have been rose or white gold as it was much more understated the yellow gold TT. any ideas?

I am still looking for the right deal on the ETA 2000, but there was some mention of the taller cannon etc. can anyong point me to the part numbers to source?

Thanks,

Chris

I've built one based on the 2135 midsize case. ETA 2000 movement. You need 2035 hour and minute hand, and a 2135 second hand. These fit the ETA 2000.

Unfortunately, the ETA parts only go up a couple heights, and you need to make sure your dial has thin markers, otherwise your hands will get hung up.