When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to delete a reply?

sander

I messed up my computer by dropping a cup of coffee over the keypad.

Unfortunately I was writing a reply while my computer started to do stuff which it wasn't supposed to.

I messed up in the topic about fitting a gen movement in a rep case.

Is there a way to delete my replies?

Thanks in advance! :D

You mean 'cover your tracks' ?

Brotherman, if that were more simple than contacting the Admin. and asking for grace, I would have deleted over a million posts across the ethernet to date. Unfortunately those would be faux pas were not errant keystrokes or beverage incidents but some pretty ignorant statements made in the interest of 'honesty' and 'sincerity'. Those two bastards.

You really need to contact Admin. for this. I would PM 'Two Tone'.

You may want to consider upgrading to Platinum for more member controls. Being able to modify posts without the 'edited by' tag to a guy like me for example is more than worth the upgrade. :)

@ Dems...... :D Only a million?

Well, on replica boards. You don't want a link to my politico blog. Trust me. :lol:

@sander

Was that all? I thought your computer keyboard called the Pope a Nazi or something. Just a little untidy. It'll get cleaned up. You do have control to edit posts from the Platinum level tho' if you choose. Image is everything. Good luck with your project.

ps I read a short blurb on the 'net about spilling on the keyboard; the solid state will be OK when the liquid eventually dries, but trouble comes from sticking keys especially if the coffee had sugar/cream. You can yank off the keys (perhaps experiment with a key seldom used) wipe down the board with damp cloth, and you should be OK.

Think that tidied it up!

As far as your keyboard is concerned...here is the cure.

Take keyboard.....wash in swimming pool (full immersion)

Spray with WD40...big dose...1 full can!

Allow to dry in the sun.

Blow off with compressed air.

Now take, keyboard, empty WD40 can..................................

And throw the lot in the rubbish, and buy a new one. :p

Within our admin area...we have a huge turnover in keyboards, due to coffee, (and other beverages), being spat on them.

I think TT currently owes me approx 3! :D

Job done!

Offshore