When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD Dial ~ Correct texture.. Gloss/Matte ?

lanikai

Everyday between mid morning and high noon when the sun is at it's apex, I see my DSSD dial dark grey and not black.. matte and not glossy..

some say that on the genuine forums it is mentioned that the DSSD dial is Dark grey..

first of all .. the colour black comes with many different tints.. red.. brown.. if there are no red or brown tints the black would appear dark grey in direct light (natural sunlight).. black is NOT just black.. in other words there are many different shades of black.. this is directly due to the tints that are added to each different black.

it has been a thorn in my side.. I don't travel with my camera.. so today (my day off from the gym) I made it a point to be home before high noon.. when the sunlight can enter the sapphire crystal with the least amount of light bouncing off the surface of the crystal and the dial... in other words when the light can enter straight into the dial and exit the same way it entered (to put it in layman's terms)

and this is how the dial looks when the least amount of light rays bounces in a hap hazard way all about the dial..

Edit add:.. this is the V4

dssdv5004f.jpg

dssdv5005.jpg

dssdv5002.jpg

dssdv5003.jpg

if the dial was totally matte... it would not reflect the image of the second hand off the crystal.. ergo.. the dial IMO is semi gloss .. not totally gloss nor totally matte.. as the genuine..

30920197.jpg

so take it for what it's worth.. I didn't want to bring this up until I could have some pics to post..

A~C

lani

Lani, is that the v4 you spoke ofwith the more accurate dial, cause my v3 is way more glossy.

Thanks for the great pics.

Cheers,

mp

thanks mp.. I forgot to list that.. it is the V4 .. now all I need is a correct D. window B)

I'll add the V4 to my post.

A~C

Lani

Bumping as info to dial colour ..

Black is not just Black.. but neither is it dark grey .. it is black with various tints.. that's what makes it appear to be not all together'black in direct lighting..

there is a spectum program that can define what tints are in different blacks.. whites.. yellows.. blues.. etc.

different industries use it.. such as .. auto painting..... house paint etc.

I do believe some makers of the reps have this .. it would be impossible to get even close to the correct black without it.. it is not a high cost tool ..

and looking at the rep dial in side by side with the genuine.. it would appear that they are using this tool..

just ma >02

Lani

Look > http://www.rwg.cc/members/DSSD-Dial-Correct-Date-t96230.html