When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black gen dial for SA? Worth it?

xslyyx

Hi guys...

Im intrested in knowing, if I switch to a gen dial on my SA, will it be as close to gen as possible..

I mean from what I understand the biggest "tell" is the lumedots on dial? Is that correct?

After holliday i will switch to a gen bracelet as well.

Is it worth it? or do u think that bracelet is unneccesary?

Also do u know if it is a hard work to switch the dial...i mean can any watchsmith manage it?

Thanks guys

Just got my new SA from Josh......Stunning.

Also..bought one several month ago...Sold it....bought it again now....DAMN they have improved centering of lumedots.....

Will be back with pics as soon as I get my cam

Just got my new SA from Josh......Stunning.

Also..bought one several month ago...Sold it....bought it again now....DAMN they have improved centering of lumedots.....

Will be back with pics as soon as I get my cam

In my opinion - if you want the best - an SA with gen dial and gen bracelet is the way to go..........the rep dial and bracelet are crap...........

here's mine.....

IMG_1508.jpg

yes, and we are talking about 600 usd. i wear my SA once a month, i also wanted to swap the dial but I rather buy 2 more watches for that money. my lume dots are great, so why?

yes, and we are talking about 600 usd. i wear my SA once a month, i also wanted to swap the dial but I rather buy 2 more watches for that money. my lume dots are great, so why?

Because of the quality, and feel. I compared my skyland V2 to a gen at an AD (The dealer is a personal friend of mine), and I can't specify any difference other than the sunken pearl on the gen and the lume dots, but the overall build quality of the dial and the crispness stamped numerals. A whole different world I might say.

Greetz.

The lume problem is two fold.

Firstly - there is the fact that it has not been applied properly and appears "blob like" and not centred in the small ring where it should sit - this is quite obvious under magnifaction but hard to tell on the wrist.

Second - the brightness of the lumination in the dark - rep lume is notoriously dull and dies after a few minutes. If you want to get an idea of how well lume should work then look at a gen Rolex.....those things light up in even the slightest shadow.

Now having said all that.....i have an SA with a gen dial ( pictured in this thread)......and the lume ?......hopeless.....so don't lose too much sleep over it.....