When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie First Post

Hello,

I'm very happy to have found this forum. Great resource for replica reviews and recommendations. Until recently I never knew high-end replica watches even existed, and thought that decent quality fakes could only be purchased in China.

Explanation on why I am here: Love high-end watches but lets face-it, I will never pay $5,000-$100,000 for a watch. If I have that kind of money I will more likely buy a new car, pay down my mortgage, or put it towards my kids college funds. Love the information available on this site (been addicted to researching topics over the last few days) and am hoping to purchase a few watches from the collectors over the next couple months.

Looking for: replica watches that would retail for $4k-$15K with the following quality: (1) Most important - High quality movement (2) for more popular modes, replica quality that could not be identified as a replica by the naked eye.

First Impression: Great information available on collections and collectors. I am looking to purchase a couple replica watches but found it difficult over the past few days to determine what watch (Tag, Omega, AP, etc.) I want and what collector I should use. Under Reviews, I'd recommend adding a "Best Place to Buy" section with folders consistent with the brands listed under RWG Lounge. IMO this would be valuable for potential buyers and provoke new discussions/interactions among viewers... just my newbie 2 cents.

Look forward to learning more and participating in discussions.

OA

I know one of the BEST replica is the UPO (ultimate planet ocean - omega). i think almost every dealer has it for between 200-300 for the GEN ETA movt. it gets much cheaper for the 21j for around $120 (i think). Another good one is Breitling SOH (super ocean heritage), the Ferrari Panerai's are really close to gen's .... but in my opinion, they're kind of ugly.

Some more vets should chime in...

Welcome to the forum! We always appreciate when someone does their homework before posting questions.

Lots of nice replicas out there. You could probably pick almost any top make and find several excellent reps. Sounds like you need to narrow your focus a bit.

How big? 40mm or larger?

Sports watch or dress watch? Sports watches often "cross over" into the dress watch category but dress watches don't go well as sport watches.

Gold, TT, or stainless steel?

Leather band or steel bracelet? Or rubber band?

Thanks for all the suggestions. The more posts I read the more I get sucked in! Been itching to buy a new watch for awhile so after two days of intense forum review I purchased my first rep. Here's what I did:

1. Reviewed the Trade Review folder and decided on purchasing my first watch from Perfect Clones or Trusty Time

2. Reviewed King of Kings Top 10 Post - thanks nnomad and other contributors

3. Reviewed By-Tor's Guide to best Tag Heuer's Replicas, and Colinmgzt's review of Carrera Chrono Comparisons

4. Went to both rep sites and saved several of my favorites in my shopping baskets.

5. Decided on the following and purchased today. Purchased from PC since I liked this model best. Will provide a review of the purchase when I get it.

http://www.jpc8118.com/tg10058-carrera-aut...bph-p-3176.html

Thanks again for the help.