When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

iphone Slingbox Player - Hack, over 3g

fotoman

Hey, just hooked up my sling box, (it had been collecting dust) the app just came out for the iphone.

but, its limited to just wi-fi - rrrrrrrrrrr - what the hell is that about crap - anyway :(

if you have a jailbroken iphone there is a program that will fool your iphone into thinking its using wi-fi, instead of 3g, developed to use VOIP.

there is another problem with sling player its 30 dollars, don't know about you, but if i have wi fi i'm using my TV or my laptop. what a waste of 30 dollars

So, i headed over to my favorite torrent site.

and there was a nice torrent there, with instructions including installing the 3g-wifi proggy. and it works GREAT, very impressive

Stoked - not that i will have much chance to use it, mostly when i travel.

But, its cool that it works. I love the hacking community. All the rest of my iphone apps i pay for ;) but, i have realized that most apps i don' use after i buy them - so i stopped buying them :)

i just get the essentials now - and for the record intelliscreen is AWESOME worth the 10 bucks without a doubt