When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Josh's "perfect Sub"

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

It seems that the sub is just not going to leave me alone, as it is one of the most infamous reps, and most popular gens, I have hesitated to even look in the direction of the submariner. However it is just such a nice looking watch. Obviously Josh's sub isn't perfect, but what a deal for a serviced and water-proofed watch. My question is how is the quality of the service and are the crown guards accurately modded? I can't tell to much about the watch from Josh's pictures so does anyone own one of these "perfect subs". What is your impression? What is still not perfect about this sub?

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod
Remember, replica is just replica. If You can make Your own perfect sub. Perfect sub is only genuine.

ZByszek

Really, I had no idea! Thanks for your help! I know that the watch isn't perfect as stated, it is a figure of speech, certainley Josh isn't mean't to be taken literaly. I am simply saying that I cannot see all the flaws clearly in Josh's photos and was inquiring with some of the more knowledgable members here, you not being one of them as your only contribution is that a genuine sub is pretty.....errrm.....close to the genuine. I am sure that took alot of research. Being able to handle a watch allows the handler to observe many more flaws or accuracy's. I would like to hear from people that know about Josh's Sub and there expieriences. I am not trying to ask who has the best sub, I already know the answer to that question thanks to Mr. Szumi. I am just curious as to what further mods could be done to the watch, i.e., is the insert/pearl acceptable, crown guards really correct, rehaut, etc.

Hopefully, I will know more at the end of this thread than having learned that a real Rolex is accurate to the Genuine.

Really, I had no idea! Thanks for your help! I know that the watch isn't perfect as stated, it is a figure of speech, certainley Josh isn't mean't to be taken literaly. I am simply saying that I cannot see all the flaws clearly in Josh's photos and was inquiring with some of the more knowledgable members here, you not being one of them as your only contribution is that a genuine sub is pretty.....errrm.....close to the genuine. I am sure that took alot of research. Being able to handle a watch allows the handler to observe many more flaws or accuracy's. I would like to hear from people that know about Josh's Sub and there expieriences. I am not trying to ask who has the best sub, I already know the answer to that question thanks to Mr. Szumi. I am just curious as to what further mods could be done to the watch, i.e., is the insert/pearl acceptable, crown guards really correct, rehaut, etc.

Hopefully, I will know more at the end of this thread than having learned that a real Rolex is accurate to the Genuine.

Nothing more useful than a side by side

100445-26386.jpg

100445-26387.gif

My make or break on the LV has been the dial printing of "Oyster Perpetual date" While it's difficult to see here from the position of the hands, the genuine has a bigger space between the words than the replica. Also the flutes on the crown are not as deep or crisp as the genuine. Other than this, its pretty close but for some replica collectors, these are deal breakers.

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod
It seems to me that when a subject has already been beaten like a dead horse, most posteres are reluctant to type another lengthy explanation of that same subject. I just typed in perfect sub to the search engine and found this:

What's wrong with the perfect (clone) sub

Thanks, I actually found this link during my searchs, but correct me if I am wrong, this is discussing the classic sub on Josh's website no his "Perfect Version".

The "perfectest" sub still costs too much money, IMO--I understand tyou'd have to take the old MBW case, do the crown guards, then use jos's dial, crysal, and bracelet plus an OEM crown, tube, and insert (which will set you back about a grand unless you can do the work yourself) and even then you'd still have a watch a rolex WIS would call out in 2 seconds because of the imperfect dial and general fit and finish.

What I decided to do was buy one of the new subs, throw on an OEM tube,crown, and pearl and deal with the fact that only 99.99% of the people n earth will think it's real.

It seems to me that when a subject has already been beaten like a dead horse, most posteres are reluctant to type another lengthy explanation of that same subject. I just typed in perfect sub to the search engine and found this:

What's wrong with the perfect (clone) sub

I'm sorry, what did you say? I guess I was entranced for a few hours. Lovely accessories!!!!