When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 222

dadog13

ok guys...i'll try to explain the probl....

since i got the 187...let's say 10 days ago...i wear it all the time...since then my 222 was left in the watchbox...and i didn't wear it and didn't wind it at all...

yesterday when i opened my watchbox the check my babies...to wind them and give them a little care...i decided to wear the 222, because it is still one of my favs.. :wub: ...so i set the date...and the time....gave it dozen of winds but the PR just kept standing in the left corner...like nothing was supposed to happen...so i decided to wear it for while to see if something will happen to the PR...but nothing happened... :( ...the watch stopped few min later... :( ...

so experts....where do you think the problem is?

tnx in advance,

Vladimir

ok guys...i'll try to explain the probl....

since i got the 187...let's say 10 days ago...i wear it all the time...since then my 222 was left in the watchbox...and i didn't wear it and didn't wind it at all...

yesterday when i opened my watchbox the check my babies...to wind them and give them a little care...i decided to wear the 222, because it is still one of my favs.. :wub: ...so i set the date...and the time....gave it dozen of winds but the PR just kept standing in the left corner...like nothing was supposed to happen...so i decided to wear it for while to see if something will happen to the PR...but nothing happened... :( ...the watch stopped few min later... :( ...

so experts....where do you think the problem is?

tnx in advance,

Vladimir

Looks like your PR has no PR...seriously, you have two options---you'll have to find a smith who is willing to work on not only a chinese movement but a chinese movement that has been modified! Not an easy task. But firsy, I'd see if I can buy (not ask for free) a new movement from your dealer...if that fails, I'd start looking for a smith who's up to a challenge...first on of our RWG gurus, then local.

In my experience--watches stopping entirely NEVER end up being something you can fix yourself.

Are you sure you've wound it enough?? If its completely wound down it can take a fair few winds to bring it up to reserve. The fact that it stopped soon after winding suggests maybe you need to wind it more.

You can keep winding for a long time.. especially the chinese movements as they ofter have very low geared winders. You will know if you're at the fully wound position.

Are you sure you've wound it enough?? If its completely wound down it can take a fair few winds to bring it up to reserve. The fact that it stopped soon after winding suggests maybe you need to wind it more.

You can keep winding for a long time.. especially the chinese movements as they ofter have very low geared winders. You will know if you're at the fully wound position.

Yeah, when I first got my Chinese movement 177 I wound it and it didn't do a thing, I wound it all the way to the stop point and then shook it (yeah, real technical) and it started running. The same thing happens whenever it's completely wound down but otherwise it's fine, and I've had it for about five months now and wear it regularly.

well, i wound it for let's say...30 times...and i've shake it like a coctail....but the only thing that happened...is NOTHING!...the PR is staying down like me when I drink a little bit too much...

so, any other advice on how to get the PR started?