When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Roo killing my wrist.

Ok got a new lovely AP Roo, have the leather strap with the large clip-on clasp and it hurts my wrist like hell. After an hour or two I have large marks on my wrist and feels like bruising :( . Just cant really find any setting that make it feel comfortable. The strap is marked "28", can you get aftermarket straps without the metal clipon clasp? If so where? Found strapdeluxe which looks promising? Anything within the EU ppl want to recommend ?

Try doing a quick search on this. I recall reading something about this some time back. I think others were having the same issues as you are. I also recall that a few people were saying that they bent (?) the metal part to contour with their wrist that helped. Good luck.

I wouldn't recommend bending the deployant, you could lose alignment and make it unusable, or it can easily break from the pressure of bending it.

Just buy a buckle w/ springbar at AP Bands if you want some branding, or you can find generic ones on the bay.

there's a website that sells AP Roo straps...i don't know much more about it...my good friend, HikeUSA, mentioned it to me - i believe in a post...he recently was stuck in the airport and posted a whole bunch of wristies...i commented about his AP Roo Safari and he mentioned a site to get straps...search for the post or pm him...

or the second option would be to give up and sell it cheaply to me... ;)

R-