When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BCE - slipping second hand

samir43

Hi everybody!

I recently received my BCE replica (one week ago), it is a very nice watch.

A picture with my gen on the right B)

1243149450_22052009169.jpg

But yesterday I reset the chrono when the center second hand was at 11 (between 10 and 2!!), and now the center second hand is slipping as you can see on the picture...

So the chronograph is not working anymore <_<

Is it easy to fix an issue like this? (I have some watch tools, but I'm a newbie)

Do you know someone in europe that could fix it?

Is it an expensive repair?

Thank you! :)

PS: Sorry for my bad english, I'm french

Edited by samir43

The chronograph function does not work at all? If so then it sounds like a pretty serious problem with the movement. You can either find a watchmaker who can repair it (PM me if you want some details) or you can ask your dealer if he will accept it back for repair.

It's just a simple slipping second hand. It's a $10 fix. Bring it to a watchmaker. You only need to remove the movement, remove the hand, glue the post and put everything back together....

The chronograph works fine. Just the hand that is slipping ;)

Thank you for your answers :)

Do you know a good watchmaker in Europe?

Cause I don't want to send it back to China...

Try a local (non-branded) jeweler shop :One that does NOT carry high-end brands like Rolex, Omega, Breitling etc. They usually have no problems working on reps.

I have found a topic about a simple slipping second hand, and DemonSlayer I think you were right:

when I start the chrono the center second hand try to move (but in fact it's blocked) and the watch stops working.

And when I stop the chrono, the watch starts again working.

Do you have an idea about my problem?

I have found a topic about a simple slipping second hand, and DemonSlayer I think you were right:

when I start the chrono the center second hand try to move (but in fact it's blocked) and the watch stops working.

And when I stop the chrono, the watch starts again working.

Do you have an idea about my problem?

Than it has to be something jamming the chrono module. It has to be taken apart to see what is causing it. For a skilled watchmaker this shouldn't be a problem. The movement is probably dirty or a gear could have lost some theeth?

I think you are right, but my A7750 is supposed to be brand new... Maybe it isn't...

I'll try to find a non branded jeweler shop, but most of them only sell quartz watches, so I think they won't be able to repair my watch.

Than you for your advice :)

I think you are right, but my A7750 is supposed to be brand new... Maybe it isn't...

I'll try to find a non branded jeweler shop, but most of them only sell quartz watches, so I think they won't be able to repair my watch.

Than you for your advice :)

The major problem with the A7750 although brand new, it usually is assembled in a dirty environment. So new but dirty movements are very common in our reps. If your jeweler can't fix it himself he will probably know a watchmaker who can, just ask ;)