When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fixing My Po Insert?

kasigi

I removed mine completely and reglued it (same initial problem). Heat the thing first (hair dryer will suffice) then carefully prize the thing off with something non-metallic (finger nail should do it!). Careful not to bend it though. Clean off the residue on the insert and bezel with a cloth and a small amount of white spirit.

Re-attach with two-pack epoxy, and take the opportunity to re-align the pearl/triangle with the 12 marker. SMALL dots of glue on the bezel (careful you don't get any between the bezel and the crystal coz when it sets that bezel will never turn again).

Use some tape to hold it in place while the glue sets.

It's off and all cleaned up nicely so just got to get some glue to fix it with. I imagine it's going to be quite tricky just putting tiny drops of glue all around and ensuring that none spills out the outer ring and none touches the crystal.

No idea what gorilla glue is but I imagine something like araldite would do the job?

but I imagine something like araldite would do the job?

Yup, and forget the fast-setting 'Rapide' stuff as it is too thick when mixed. Trick is to apply it with a pin, and you probably only need about 8 spots round the bezel. Another wee bit of advice is to keep the mixture you made up because when it is set hard then you know your insert is set hard too!!

• 3 weeks later...

Ooops, didn't see the above post and bought glue for this at the weekend, it was the 'Rapid' version but it's done the job rather well.

I was a bit scared of getting the glue on the crystal but managed to avoid doing that and it's now stuck solid and nicely aligned.

Next to decide whether to wear it on the bracelet or get a strap for it. I've got a couple of loose pins on the clasp which my local jewellers come watchsmith couldn't fix so I may have to pick up a strap. I reckon it'd look good on some kind of black with orange stitching.

I'm just pleased my first repair has worked OK :D

Must have done something right, it stayed on all day today.

Congrats!

I am in the same boat as you looking for an aftermarket strap. I love the orange stitch strap but no real good source for the 4th gen with 20mm. I think I am going to get me one of these as they are the only Hirsch line I believe uses this type of curved "choice" placement for a perfect fit to the "curve".

http://watchband.biz/pd878992944.htm?defau...p;categoryId=13

Here's a pic the owner sent me:

post-951-1157479130_thumb.jpg

Edited by pwygant