When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Basic tools for sizing and strap changes

Can anyone recommend just the basics I should get for at-home watch sizing and strap changes. Hopefully things that birdman carries, but I won't be upset if I have to drive to Home Depot or Lowe's to get them. I don't need anything fancy like pneumatic presses.

The jeweler here in town, while he does have good service, is terribly slow. Last time I replaced a band it took almost 2 days (he's the only one that does it, the two women that work there can't even replace a watch battery) and when I had my watch sized it took an hour.

Can anyone recommend just the basics I should get for at-home watch sizing and strap changes. Hopefully things that birdman carries, but I won't be upset if I have to drive to Home Depot or Lowe's to get them. I don't need anything fancy like pneumatic presses.

The jeweler here in town, while he does have good service, is terribly slow. Last time I replaced a band it took almost 2 days (he's the only one that does it, the two women that work there can't even replace a watch battery) and when I had my watch sized it took an hour.

I bought a watch strap and case opening kit from ebay from a HK supplier for $10 including shipping included 2 weeks delivery via mail, has all you need, not high quality, but works for me. Just search ebay watch area watch tools and it should come up. Hope that helps.