When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

CONUS Only pls Part II

I am the guy who asked the question why US members were biased towards trading with US members only, represented by the phrase, CONUS Only.

At the time, I mentioned I had a shipment in limbo from a great member in SoCal. Mailed May 23, three weeks ago, I was anxious and the seller, alanytical, growing skeptical of why he agreed to trade north of 44 (principal longitude between US and Canada). We were both consumed by conspiracy theories, the incompetence of postal services, and intervention of callous customs officers, that alan indicated that if I hadn't received the item by today, that he was going to refund some of the money. Well, at mid day, he did just that, returning the entire purchase price, after I confirmed the item still hadn't arrived this morning. I wasn't really comfortable with him doing that, but he felt it was his obligation. So I responded by saying that was very generous, but let's just see if the watch is truly MIA or just late to the party, like a good woman. I also suggested that he have a look at Donerix's site which has some amazing exotic straps, and as a return gesture of good will, pick one out as a gift from me.

No sooner than I pushed the SEND button, and walked to my front door, but there is the Missing Package on the floor inside the door, a little beat up but surviving the ordeal.

So all of you Americans out there, keep the faith and don't deny your Canadian cousins a good trade. One of the posters complained, why does it take so long for mail between Canada and US, my answer.... run by the government.... but even posties come through eventually, rain...sleet...snow... and customs.

BIG BOOYAA to Alan!!!! :D:thumbsupsmileyanim:

And check out Donerix's new line of straps.... :bleh: Amazing http://hamiltonleatherwatchstraps.blogspot...ent-models.html

David, I'm so happy it made it out to you. I thought for sure it was lost in the Twilight Zone somewhere. This has restored my faith in both of our Postal Services and Canadian customs. They did their job.

You just made my day with this confirmation. Thanks again, and enjoy your new Breitling.

-Alan

speaking from personal experience, i can definitely vouch for Alan being a stand-up guy

the problem lies in the postal customs on the Canadian side, especially the ones on the Eastern seaboard. I have paid extra for packages to go over the border via 2-day Priority and they do ... only as soon as they cross the border, they sit in storage for the next 2 weeks while the recipient and the sender wring their hands in despair