When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wm 3646 "california Dial"

leitztozeiss

Just bought two pairs from Davidsen. $10/pair. $$$$, but worth it to have a source. I also bought a giant assorted bulk of watch screws on eBay - hopefully there's some of the screws I'm looking for in there. Also, once I have some extras in hand, I'll try to source them from fastener suppliers. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Love the dial. I did a similar model from WM but with the brown dial and gold lettering. Neil's looks great too though. :)

Yes, the Neil 3646 was nice also. What was surprising is the high quality of the crown and tube in the Neil 3646. (As an aside, I refer to it as the Neil 3646, but I suspect this is the same model offered by our other fine dealers also.)

The WM has nice threads also, but the length of the threaded portion of the tube that sticks out from the case is shorter. Both are improvements over the 183 cases, at least the ones I've seen with the stripped crown/tube issue.