When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BP 5002 DW question

veja74

I just picked up a BP 5002 from another member and it is absolutely beautiful! One thing I have noticed is that the date does not change over completely and if the watch gets knocked slightly the date will actually go back (like from 14 to 13). I have seen a couple of posts where people send their BP off for mods and when it comes back they say "now date changes over nicely".

So.... is this a common problem with a common fix? before I crack the case and start poking around, does this movement have a DW spring like the 2824 or 2836 movements?

Thanks for any input

OK, cracked the case, removed the dial and found that the datewheel mod was left a little messy and the datewheel was just hanging up on the backside of the dial. Now I'm off to remove the datewheel, clean it up a little with the dremel and we will be back in business! You know you have a sickness in this hobby when you find something like this and think, "cool! I can fix that!"