When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does anyone make a rep with a genuine Swiss ETA 2892?

JohnDorian

There used to be a few, like the Franck Muller Casablanca in solid 18k gold, as well as the SS Conquistadors (same brand) at a much more affordable price.

There were supposed to be ETA 2892s in some of the Bond Omega SMP's but it was discovered later they were Seagull copies.

There were some PAM reps with the 2892 movements. These were the 027 and 028 with Power Reserve modules, as per the genuine and were the super reps back then. Not cheap. I think the 029 and 063 had 2893 GMT movements, which may well be modified 2892 movements, but I can't remember offhand. Searches will probably reveal the truth.

The MBW AP ROOs with genuine movement used the ETA 2892 as a base with a Dubois Dupraz chrono module, as per the genuine. These were expensive too, but the best version of the seconds at 12 you could get. Even with the genuine watch, this is a delicate movement, and servicing is awkward, so AP just throw away the old movement and install a brand new one, so I wasn't sure if it was worth paying to get this!

When the B&Rs came out they were supposed to have genuine ETA 2892s but this was found to be a lie (check the white lies thread, I think started by Pugwash) and not even a more-or-less reliable Seagull copy was used, but an even lower quality movement.

Apart from those, I can't think of any... I haven't kept up with developments since around last October or so...

Edited by Chronus