When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 TT sub

yodap

I'm quite new to Rolex, so I might ask some noob questions, but please forgive me. I've done research for the last two days (yes, I know that ain't enough...)

I want to purchase a WM9 V2 blue TT sub, as soon as they become available. As it's not on the market yet, I know you mightn't be able to answer these questions, so let's talk about the previous model.

Is it available with solid gold bracelet? I've read on the WM9 forum that the midlinks are gold plated brass (although George says it's solid). I'd like to have a solid gold bracelet, which won't fade, if possible.

Are the crown and the bezel also made of plated brass?

As far as I know, WM9's are the best (with BK's mods), so if I'd order a BK WM9 16613, what would be still off?

I'd appreciate if someone who owns this model would post a pic of the watch how it looks after some time...

I'm sorry once again if these are typical noob questions, I've tried my best...

PS: Is there any good tt sub which I could try out for cheap?

The new wm9 tt sub is without getting into the gold parts, the best you can buy, mainly because it has the correct crown position. Evenso is the new LV sub.

With regard to the gold, it looks like it is going to be truly wrapped gold, although after polishing a thin layer (still much thicker then plated howerver).

Whatever the outcome of the gold, the watch should last a lifetime considering it accepts genuine parts like the WM9 YM, so in any case the gold craps out, one can buy en gen or aftermarket gold bezel and or bracelet.

So to sum it up... key parts are the truly 1:1 case, and a good dial, especialy the blue TT sub dial seems hard to replicate colorwise.

Edited by slickdick