When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got my finger on the trigger: Help me hit the right 183

zaazaa

Hi all,

I've decided to order a 183. I thought I'd get your input to help me pull the trigger on the right one. I'll be ordering from a private dealer, so I need to send him the pic and instructions. I really appreciate any advice...

Question 1: To G or to H? ;) G= Rad, Pan, Black Seal H=Rad, Black, Pan

I seem to see more G series here, but I think I might like the look of the PANERAI on the bottom. H is the more current I believe. Ah, I go back and forth...

Funny thing is the H is slightly more expensive sometimes for the same specs; not sure why if the only difference is the wording (maybe it's something else I'm missing?)

Opinions?

Question 2: What's the best version to order, considering I care most about how it looks and not as much what's in it (reliability matters of course). I've seen:

Pam 183G Black Seal G Series Asian Unitas 6497

Asian Unitas 17 J Manual Handwind movement Correct shape Bridges

Approx $170 - w Saphire.

What does "with correct shape bridges" mean?

1.jpg

6.jpg

Pam 183G Black Seal G Series Swiss Unitas 6497

Swiss Unitas 17 J Manual Handwind movement, Cortes De Geneve Bridges, Swan neck Regulator

Approx $260 - My best guess is that all the differences from the previous watch will be "inside" it (swan, etc...)??

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

6497 Movement with Black Dial-AR Coating on mineral Crystal, Manual Winding (17 Jewel)

Approx $100 - The low end version w mineral, but does have AR

P183H01.JPG

P183H01_4.JPG

Here's a different low end version; seems to have a closed back, diff strap and 21j instead of 17???

Question 3: Suggestions for a version I'm missing (maybe a member mod, etc...)? I've seen some mentions of such in threads, but haven't tracked anything down.

I appreciate the input. It seems many here already have this watch. I'd like to not end up, a few months from now, wishing I had a different version.

THANKS!