When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How To Make The "perfect" Sub

jake48

A couple of my friends and I sent our subs to RBJ and this is the recipe he came up with:

Start with a Cn sub from Joshua and take it completely apart

102697-25865.jpg

Then have Joe work a little of his magic. Since the goal for all three of us was to have a waterproof sub that we could surf in, Joe went through all the O rings, sealed the crystal and replaced the bezel insert. While he was in there, we went ahead and had him slim down the Cg's a little, tighten the bezel and give it good polish. We also soaked the bracelet in silicone lubricant. Here are some pictures from Joe:

The slimmed down Cg's

102697-25866.jpg

Comparing old Cg's with new Cg's

102697-25867.jpg

Add a little water:

102697-25868.jpg

Another:

102697-25869.jpg

And of course the real test

102697-25870.jpg

I am happy to report, even though Joe warned us that "waterproofing" has no real guarantee, all three subs are holding up fine. I have been surfing with mine, swimming laps in the pool and even wearing it the jacuzzi to see if I could get a leak and it is passing with flying colors!

It took Joe a little while (health issues and all - hope you are feeling better Joe) but it was well worth the wait.

For me this is the "Perfect" sub - One I can wear when I am having fun and not worry about the watch. If and when it does leak - I'll just buy another one and i am sure I will have recieved my moneys worth...

Thanks again Joe,

Kevin & friends.

Edited by jake48