When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Uh-oh... George's Fake Ap Offshore Is Already On Ebay!1

thomasng

I now believe the seller knows that this is a fake...

i suppose the same <_< its pretty obvious the dealer

knows what this biz is about...

shame on the bay :black_eye: and sorry to the unfortunate buyer

I just ask myself when will the buyer recognize

what he has been into :g:

But isnt there a way especially for purchases on ebay

to get the charge back (paypall etc.) if youre not gettin

what the dealer supposed to sell ??

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is definitely redress against the seller with Paypal Katerchen but only if the buyer is pretty quick and gets the payment stopped / account frozen / suspended after he / she gets it checked and confirmed as a fake.

But looking at the description and the photos - if someone actually bids on this and then actually buys it without checking and researching the facts (even tho the listing and seller seems totally genuine), then I think the chances of them getting it checked before it needs a service or repair is remote.

I too feel very sorry for the buyer because, without this site, I (and no doubt many others) could easily be lulled into a false sense of security and buy a rep from these scammers because of the quality of the listing along with the sellers feedback and powerseller status.

I was always sceptical about ebay and now I know for sure (especially after contacting them with the numerous flaws on this watch) - they are only interested in profit and customers come way down on their list of priorities...when on the bay - buyer beware.

it is so sad to see reps sold as genuines on ebay :yuk: I guess the this is one and only downside to that some replicas are getting more accurate in looks these days and thus more difficult to spot as fake with a simple glance...

I agree with you Gunnar Gran but I believe that the highly experienced and knowledgeable members on this forum will spot a rep no matter how good it is - the excellent rep Daytona that's currently being scrutinised in the Auction Scams section demonstrates that no matter how good the scammer or the rep is, the members here know what to look for and how to spot them.

And with the excellent new 1:1's that are coming on to the market that nobody will be able to 'call' you on - the members here know these reps and their gens inside out and will expose anyone trying to pass them off as real and tries to scam money out of victims in an ebay fraud.

I agree with you Gunnar Gran but I believe that the highly experienced and knowledgeable members on this forum will spot a rep no matter how good it is

We are in 100% agreement on that :) but we should not rule out that there will be a replica out there one day that can fool even some of the more seasoned RWG based expert...I guess some few highly modified OMEGA replicas could be quite difficult to spot even for an expert without looking at the movement

We are in 100% agreement on that smile.gif but we should not rule out that there will be a replica out there one day that can fool even some of the more seasoned RWG based expert...I guess some few highly modified OMEGA replicas could be quite difficult to spot even for an expert without looking at the movement

The expertise is in studying the real thing, not the replica. Just something to keep in mind.

Perfect replicas don't and will never exist. Unless the Companies themselves produce it and label them "Replicas" The terms "Perfect" and "1:1" cannot be taken absolutely, but relative to the person doing the examination.

There is an IWC Ingy out and Omega that are said to be 1:1---NOT.

VIRTUALLY undetectable variations? Of course

But,

Never 1:1 or 100% It is not attainable. Being able to pass them off in the marketplace as genuine, yes.

1:1---Not happening.

I doubt in Hublot produced their Big Bang with a see-thru caseback for fraud prevention, but you can tell in .0001 second that it is not the real deal.

Thus,

Anyone scammed, I don't feel for them. Do your homework before investing.