When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MB Timewalker Chrono PVD/SS..

The MontBlanc Timewalker Chrono PVD/SS

bottom line this is another great replication IMO.. there are a few "rough" looks.. ie. the lug area.. is a bit rough on the inside of the case .. but it is not noticable unless you get to look at it with a loupe or macro lens..

btw.. the date well is centered I failed to move it before shooting the pics...sorry gang !!

I cannot find anything amiss with the dial,, except the usual sunken date wheel ..

the rotor is engraved as the previous TW ... the seconds at the 9 is a good thing after reading through Ziggy's threads on the A7750 movement

No noisey rotor.. we'll see....

The crown is not screw down...

the chrono pushers feel good, I cannot get specs on the genuine.. if anything the pushers may be a fraction too close .. but they look good to me.. if I have to overanalyze the spacing then it must be all good to the natked eye.. (oranyone but us).. the chrono hand is not as "smooth" as you would like but no problems with it so far.... the sweep second hand is very smooth 28.8k

the bracelet is done the same as the previous MB's ... sports model ... etc. .. this is what attrachs me a lot to the MB.. the bracelet is a real looker.. especially with the PVD coat.. which is done on a gloss finish.. very eye catching .. this would be a great watch with a dark suit.... again IMO...

note that the pins are faux srews.. I don't know if this is like the genuine... but they come out very very easily ... maybe a bit too easy.. some lock tite should do the trick..

It is heavy so if you are not used to the weight on timepieces this one is not for you...

the movement does feel dry .... as Ziggy states needs to be.. unlike th AP .. could it be the crown and stem that makes the difference the AP's hexagon crown feels snug and tight ,.. the MB feels loose and you can feel the "dryness in the rotations.."

All around a very good choice if you like the MB styling.. with this timepiece .. IMO you either like it or you don't .. it's really too bad there isn't any AR coat... it would top off this piece nicely ... but we have chief so .. nuff said

23686pf7.jpg

montblanctwpvdss010fc2.jpg

montblanctwpvdss001wa8.jpg

23686pf7.jpg

montblanctwpvdss014bx3.jpg

montblanctwpvdss009vg6.jpg

montblanctwpvdss030ji0.jpg

montblanctwpvdss033oq3.jpg

montblanctwpvdss003eb4.jpg

montblanctwpvdss006vo2.jpg

montblanctwpvdss004oo5.jpg

montblanctwpvdss020lm4.jpg

montblanctwpvdss021ii9.jpg

montblanctwpvdss017ob5.jpg

montblanctwpvdss034qk7.jpg

montblanctwpvdss024sg8.jpg

thanks for viewing hope you enjoyed the quick summary

Gorgeous pics and write up man, well done. I have always loved the MBTW and the PVD looks awesome. I would bite the bullet on this one but I already have the regular black dial version. Not sure If I want to spend the extra for PVD? Mont Blanc is one of those watches that I wouldn't mind antying up for the gen. Very nice man, congrats.

This is tempting. Thanks for the shots and initial impressions.

A couple of questions:

You mention the weight. How does it compare to a UPO or Chopard GMT (the two heaviest watches in my collection)?

How is the PVD coating? I'm particularly wondering about the wear and deterioration potential on the PVD bracelet links.

Again, thanks and enjoy your new beauty.