When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you think of the new upgraded 188 dial?

RWG Technical

Looks awesome love my swiss 188, but I'm looking at mine and perhaps my eyes aren't well trained to my new watch yet, but what are the differences in the dials?

Well, if this was your original dial it was the early silver one and this is the updated white dial. If I'm right that means the original bezel was OK size wise?

I have both the original silver (bought around the same time as yours) and the newer updated dial version (from Eddie Lee) hence, my uneducated guess?

Ok unless I'm completely brain dead from this ridiculous Cali heat and whatever is in the air here that makes most of it's residents vapid, shallow, morons, I'd say it's the same dial that rests in my brand new Swiss 188, crown looks different, either you popped in a palp or a gen. case looks a bit worn in so I would imagine it is the more sought after old school EL case. Since i know Leo hasn't made his new 7753 wheels yet (As Bollo, Sylar and myself are recieving the first inaugrial perfected 7753 wheels) I'd say it's a nice lello

So:

new 188 7753 dial- same as mine

Old school case

lello or gen date wheel

Palp or gen crown

do I win a prize????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Gen dial??

The tells are the larger sub dials and bolder sub dial indices.

Another tell will be the numeral 8 which is place near to the running second subdial at nine. The placement of the numeral 8 on the rep dial is further away from the running second subdial at nine.

Example of a 188 rep dial with 7753

3686090818_08db618937.jpg

Edited by jitai

The Zigmeister,

It was the angle of the picture that threw me off - Damn, I was wondering about that dial..... The numbers were placed too nicely. Where did you score that????

Congrats.

I will be sending my 188 to you for a gen crown install. Please remember that procedure!

Right on, you win the prize (an extra drop of oil in your next servicing) :) well done!

I was sure it would stand out like a sore thumb, goes to show how good the reps are.

Closest 188 I've seen yet. Can't get any better than this. Excellent franken R ;)